Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tooth Fairy Pillows

As I mentioned before, I was super stoked to get an embroidery sewing machine for Christmas.

One thing that I'm loving doing with it is making in the hoop projects.

In the hoop projects (aka ITH) are little embroidery projects that are completed entirely within the space of your embroidery hoop.  Now, because my hoop is only 4x4, that limits the type of projects I'm going to be making, but there are still lots and lots of options.

One website I found that has a ton of very cool and reasonable priced designs to download is SWAK Embroidery.  They have little "hair pretties", play food, tags, and lots and lots of pockets.  One pocket that immediately struck my eye was a tooth pocket for $7.50.  I could just imagine it being used to make cute tooth fairy pillows for my boys and my friends' kids.  So I downloaded it, and about 20 minutes later, I had a little tooth pillow!  Or as my kids like to call it a "Mr. Happy Pants".  (They think it's a very happy pair of white pants).

Next, I found some cute material and started embroidering names.  Then I grabbed some stuffing and some ribbons, and before I knew it, I had a little pile of tooth fair pillows!

Here are some of the pillows I've made so far.




Front
Back

Front

Back


Front
Back


Aren't these too cute?  I'm excited for my boys to start losing their teeth in the next year, just because I am looking forward to them using theirs!

And how great is the idea to hang them on the door knob?  I'd much rather retrieve the tooth this way than from under their sleeping heads, risking waking them.  But for those who prefer the old fashioned way, you can just use the handle for displaying it when not in use!

No comments:

Post a Comment