Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Throw Pillows - Pinterest Project

Last week, my MIL handed down a gently used sofa and love seat to us. We really needed a new set, but were reluctant to invest in something new, seeing as we still have two very spill prone and messy 7 year old boys! We had been trying to make due with new slip covers, but the key word is SLIP, as in they kept slipping out of place. Anyway, I digress...

New-to-us love seat and couch

I LOVE throw pillows. The more the better. I use them to prop, to lean, the cuddle, to nap on... And I especially prefer the look of lots of random throw pillows over the matchy-matchy-came-with-the-sofa throw pillows. I have had for a while, this vision of making lots of throw covers for all of my throw pillow in cool, unique, matching AND contrasting styles. In fact, I even made a pinterest board called Throw Fluffies where I've been saving up these ideas.

Getting the new set last week was the perfect excuse I needed to start working on this goal. First up: animal silhouette pillows. A while back, I found a blog where someone did her own copy-cat version of a throw pillow design she found at Restoration Hardware, and I really liked them.

Original Restoration Hardware version

Version by lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.blogspot.com

I decided that I'd like to copy her copycat version, making my own version of a gray cat for my cat Persy and a black cocker spaniel for our dog McGarrett.

Persy pillow

McGarrett pillow

I love how they came out! And I can't wait to tackle some of my other throw pillow ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment