Most of my craft projects lately seem to be projects I'm doing for somebody else. Either because they are paying me to do it (Yay!) or because I'm making it as a gift.
So I'm happy to take a break and work on a project for me (well, really for my kids, but still...).
My twin sons will be turning 5 in June. And their room is still decorated using the theme we chose for their nursery.
We have finally decided the time has come to update their room to a little more mature theme. We (with their help) chose: baseball.
A few months ago, I started looking for baseball linens for their bed, but I was disappointed that I could only find either a specific team or general sports together (baseball, basketball and football). But I wanted something that was just general baseball.
It was also around this time that I started making t-shirt quilts. So Superman, being the brainiac he is, suggested I make them t-shirt quilts using all baseball shirts.
I started by raiding his closet. Then surveying shirts that Thing 1 and Thing 2 had almost outgrown (unfortunately I'd already given away all of their smaller size shirts). Then, I hit up our local Goodwills. Multiple times.
And finally, I had enough t-shirts to make two twin size quilts. So this past week, after I finished Laya's quilt, I started cutting and laying out both quilts.
So far I have only sewn together the top for Thing 1's quilt:
Next I will work on Thing 2s.
And then, my favorite (for creativity) and least favorite (time-consuming) step: quilting.